St. Eustatius is a small island of less than 4000. SEAWF works with the visiting vet from St. Martin to help the welfare of the animals on the island.
Veterinary Emergency #'s:
318-4150, 587-1838, 587-2838
(If no answer, we call back as soon as possible.)
Open: Clinic Days: 09:00-17:00
SEAWF schedules appointments for Dr. Swanston's visits to Statia. Please call 318-4150 to schedule an appointment.
Pleasures, St. Eustatius Weather
Lat 17.48N Long 62.97W Elevation 575ft (175m)
Valid 17-Apr-2014 11:15pm
|Temperature ||24C(75F)||Wind ||1kt|
|Humidity ||85%||24Hr Rain ||10mm|
|Sunrise || 5:54am||Sunset ||6:28pm|
|Daytime||12 hr 34 min|
|Moonrise ||8:52pm||Moonset ||7:37am|
Detailed weather data
Today's Forecast Thu, 17-Apr Broken clouds this morning becoming scattered this afternoon and tonight. East wind at 16-23kt with gusts to 31kt. High temperature around 28C. Occasional rain likely through noon, with a chance of a shower tomorrow morning.
Thu, 24 Apr
Thu, 8 May
(Subject to change.)
Dr. Swanston: 542-0111
Available for Adoption
We have a number of animals for adoption. For details, go to our adoption page.
Please help us find these wonderful animals a good home.
Oct - blonde female and male puppies.
SXM - New Pet Import and Travel Regulations
Pets need vaccinations, health certificate and microchip to enter St. Maarten.
To travel from Statia:
- Minimum 30 days before travel - Rabies vaccination, general vaccination and microchip. Make an appointment with Dr. Swanston.
- Maximum 14 days before travel - Fecal test. Make an appointment with Dr. Swanston. He will check for signs of internal parasites (worms).
If your pet fails the test, you must return in two weeks for another test. Think of de-worming your pet regularly.
- Five days before travel - Email the application for permission to import animals as a PDF document to the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Form can be obtained from SEAWF or download here. Within 24 hours you should receive an import permit for your pet.
- Two days before travel - Bring your pet to see the Statia government vet to obtain a health certificate. The government vet resides
at the LVV building (near the Fire Department and in front of SEAWF building) Monday to Friday during office hours.
Arrange your visit in advance. The vet will check that your pet has no visible wounds, fleas or ticks.
You must treat your pet for fleas and ticks 48 hours before travel. Treatment can be purchased
from Dr. Swanston.
- Check well in advance of travel. Contact your veterinarian AND the airline for the latest restrictions before travel.
- IMPORTANT NOTE - Pit bull terrier type dogs are no longer permitted to enter SXM.