St. Eustatius is a small island of less than 4000. SEAWF works with the visiting vet from St. Martin to help the welfare of the animals on the island.
See The New Statia Pet Import Rules Below.
Veterinary Emergency #'s:
318-4150, 587-1838, 587-2838
(If no answer, we call back as soon as possible.)
Open: Clinic Days: 09:00-17:00
SEAWF schedules appointments for Dr. Swanston's visits to Statia. Please call 318-4150 to schedule an appointment.
Pleasures, St. Eustatius Weather
Lat 17.48N Long 62.97W Elevation 575ft (175m)
Valid 27-Aug-2016 2:30pm
|Temperature ||30C(86F)||Wind ||7kt|
|Humidity ||78%||24Hr Rain ||1mm|
|Sunrise || 5:57am||Sunset ||6:28pm|
|Daytime||12 hr 31 min|
|Moonrise ||1:30am||Moonset ||2:46pm|
Detailed weather data
Today's Forecast Sat, 27-Aug Scattered to broken clouds today and tonight. Light E breeze at 4 - 6kn. High temperature around 30C. Chance of showers.
Rain Outlook: Occasional rain is possible next Th - Fr.
Storm Outlook: The 8:00PM GFS model run shows no storms approaching Statia this week. 99L moves NW into the Gulf of Mexico. 91L moves W toward the US coast. TS Gaston moves NW and becomes a hurricane tomorrow. A new storm forms Tu over the African coast, moves W, and passes NE of the islands around 6 Sep.
Outlooks are for guidance only. They are less reliable than forecasts and may change.
Thu, 25 Aug
(Subject to change.)
Dr. Swanston: 542-0111
Available for Adoption
We have a number of animals for adoption. For details, go to our adoption page.
Please help us find these wonderful animals a good home.
Feb - male/female twin puppies.
Statia - Animal Import and Travel Regulations
The Statia Department of Agriculture has established new regulations for importing animals to St. Eustatius.
This application for animal import (PDF document) includes instructions on filling out the application and describes
the travel regulations, vaccination requirements, and contact information.
St. Maarten - Pet Import and Travel Regulations
Pets need vaccinations, health certificate and microchip to enter St. Maarten.
To travel from Statia:
- Minimum 30 days before travel - Rabies vaccination, general vaccination and microchip. Make an appointment with Dr. Swanston.
- Maximum 14 days before travel - Fecal test. Make an appointment with Dr. Swanston. He will check for signs of internal parasites (worms).
If your pet fails the test, you must return in two weeks for another test. Think of de-worming your pet regularly.
- Five days before travel - Email the application for permission to import animals as a PDF document to the following address:
email@example.com. Form can be obtained from SEAWF or download here. Within 24 hours you should receive an import permit for your pet.
- Two days before travel - Bring your pet to see the Statia government vet to obtain a health certificate. The government vet resides
at the LVV building (near the Fire Department and in front of SEAWF building) Monday to Friday during office hours.
Arrange your visit in advance. The vet will check that your pet has no visible wounds, fleas or ticks.
You must treat your pet for fleas and ticks 48 hours before travel. Treatment can be purchased
from Dr. Swanston.
- Check well in advance of travel. Contact your veterinarian AND the airline for the latest restrictions before travel.
- IMPORTANT NOTE - Pit bull terrier type dogs are no longer permitted to enter SXM.